While preparing for my School Mini Sessions, I came across these hilarious cheesy school photos that I wanted to share with you.
Tips are also provided in case you’d like to recreate them.
Encourage your child to smile as hard as they can. School photos are not the place for natural expressions.
2. Make sure your photographer uses a wacky background. Laser beams are best, but you might like an image of a bookcase in the background.
3. Even better, your photographer might decide to shoot against a green screen so that a nifty image can be super-imposed in the background. If this is the case, it will look even cooler if your child is also dressed in green.
4. Thinking of giving your child an elaborate new hairstyle? The day before school photos are taken is the optimum time to do it.
5. If your child has a lovely natural smile, consider making them practise in front of a mirror until they get the hang of the ‘school photo’ grimace.
6. You really need to make sure your child knows how to pose. The more unnatural, the better.
7. If you don’t like your child’s face, hide it. Sunglasses and head wear means every child can be included.
8. Get your moneys worth by insisting that the photographer Photoshops one image over another. Preferably, over your child’s face. This looks really arty.
9. You’re going to want to take their shoes off. But keep thesocks on.
10. No matter how upset the child is, never give up.
(images from www.awkwardfamilyphotos.com)
Brilliant, aren’t they?
I love them too.
However, if you prefer images that are more natural, and you’d like your child to enjoy having their school photographs taken, then check out my Starting School Mini Sessions 2019.
Spaces are limited, so sign up to the waiting list so you don’t miss out!